[Dixielandjazz] Pbones

Margaret Squires margeaux10 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 16:44:56 PST 2012

I ordered one of each color for the store where I work.  Two friends of mine who
are professional trombone players are going to purchase two....the only question
is what color to buy!  I just might have to take up the trombone when they come
out with the purple one!

Jiggs Whigham takes it to his big band gigs and uses it on occasion for a solo.
The San Francisco Symphony's trombone section played a number on them.  They are
cool for pep bands...get one in your school color.  Some music stores and band
directors are using them for recruiting....the colors are cool and the smaller
kids can hold it more easily.  My sales rep told me of a young lady who plays
trombone despite her severe metal allergies.  She is now playing on a Pbone.

My friends who are going to purchase Pbones travel a lot.  The Pbones are much
lighter and much easier to travel with.

Is it a replacement for the "regular" trombone....no.  But it's fun and has its
uses.  And it's only $150!

Margaret