[Dixielandjazz] Hodes-Brunis - I Found a New Baby

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Feb 22 12:36:04 PST 2012

Marek Boym wrote:
> As I'm writing, I am also listening to the above video, circulated by 20's Jazz.  They give the names of the musicians, skipping the clatinet player.  I cannot recognize him.  Any suggestoins?

Dear Marek?
New glasses required?
*>)
The following was published under the video:
"Trombone legend George Brunies teams up with pianist Art Hodes for this 1950's performance featuring Nappy Trottier trumpet, Jimmy Grenato clarinet, Truck Parham bass, and Monte Mountjoy drums."
However, I think the correct spelling is Granato.
He played in Jimmy Durante's early jazz band and recorded with Red Nichols in 1930
Very kind regards,
Bill.