[Dixielandjazz] (no subject)

David Washburn tootn4u at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 20:45:06 PST 2012

Gary Kiser gary at kiser.org via ml.islandnet.com
4:08 PM (6 hours ago)to me, Dixieland

Interesting read. Does this make any sense in the jazz world?.

An opposing view -- Trumpeter says orchestras are wrong to kowtow to youth
http://www.registerguard.com/web/entertainmentarts/27545677-41/symphony-balio-says-orchestras-baltimore.html.csp

All the best, Gary

Gary Kiser
34, rue du Président Wilson
63100 Clermont-Ferrand
09.53.99.80.73
06.63.60.11.44

I think this guy is a breath of fresh air. We as a society have had to
pander to every group to the point that we bribe everybody into
something or lower standards so they can "cut it." In this area band I
had a band director tell me they had to "buy band students by "helping
them get instruments", providing everything imaginable and dumbing
things down so the deadbeats can make the grade.
--
Thanks,
Dave in Dallas

www.threequartersfast.com