[Dixielandjazz] GRAMMIES /PHONIES

GIORGI, RIC ricgiorgi at sympatico.ca
Sun Feb 12 14:19:16 PST 2012

Good suggestion but this could get confusing because the origin of the word
PHONY or PHONIES is that in the early days of a telephone salesperson who
was too shady to actually show up to sell something to someone but instead
telephoned them became known as PHONY. I guess that makes telemarketers
(except for musicians drumming up work)-
TELEPHONIES.

Cheers,

Ric Giorgi

-----