[Dixielandjazz] Change one letter in a song title.

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 12 08:16:57 PST 2012

Eric writes about "the mate that fate had me cremated for" and how a
simple letter change can affect a song meaning and/or title. One can
do the same thing with punctuation. For example:

"What Is This Thing Called Love?"

What?  Is This Thing Called Love?

What Is This?  Thing Called Love?

What Is This Thing?  Called Love?

What is this Thing Called?  Love.

Back to Eric's challenge. This from "I Can't Give You Anything But Love"

"Dream a while, Scream a while, you're sure to find":  (more than 1
letter change, but close enough for jazz) Then again, you could change
the title to  "I Can Give You Anything But Love?" or "I Can Get
Started." Or "I Would Write A Book", or I Would Have Danced All
Night." Or if you saw and were confused by a group of mimes:  "I
Didn't Know What Mime It Was."  Or "I Tried For You". Must be a
million of them out there. <grin>

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband