[Dixielandjazz] Red River Blues

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Fri Feb 10 15:57:45 PST 2012

: "Red River Blues", by Clarence Williams:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsLOZa7LN34

Thanks to Daniel Augustine for this link!  Just when I needed that sort of soothing.
There are one or two later Williams numbers of the sort, maybe modelled on DOWN IN OUR ALLEY BLUES -- if I have remembered the Ellington title aright, though of course Ellington had Wellman Braud sawing with precision to elicit the leading figure from a string bass.

I haven't listened to the original in some time, and even if I had I'd still be mighty impressed by the performance Daniel linked us to. I hope somebody else can contribute to assist him to emulate

slainte!

Robert