[Dixielandjazz] Re; Rossano Mussolini

Donald Mopsick dmopsick at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 15:59:31 PST 2012

Steve Barbone wrote:
> On at least two of those clips Mussolini is featured with OKOM bands
> (even if some listmates would describe the high notes of the trumpet
> as "circus music").  But usually he plays much more modern style, but
> still coherent and swinging.  No someon whose records I'd wish to buy
> and hear re;eatedly, but a musician I would not mind hearing in a bar
> or a club.
> Cheers

<<Yes indeed, Marek. Mussolini told Martha and me on Capri in 1962 that
his favorite jazz pianist and a major influence was Oscar Peterson. We
met him because we had gone to Capri to see my cousin, Francesco, a
jazz trumpet player, who was gigging with a small group there that
summer. Mussolini  was the pianist in that group.

BTW, did you know that his father, IL Duce, Benito Mussolini was a
very good violinist?>>

Wasn't it Bobby Hackett, famous for not being able to say anything bad
about anyone, who said upon meeting Rossano Mussolini, "Too bad about
your Dad!"?

I also heard that he said this about Hitler: "For a guy in his
business, he was the best!"

mopo

--
http://about.me/donmopsick