[Dixielandjazz] Gingrich & Romney Violating the Copyright Laws

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sat Feb 4 15:49:20 PST 2012

Dear Steve,
Very interesting, particularly as it appears that your Republican politicians are also behind the current musical copyright changes that will flow around the world under so-called  'free trade' agreements.
In contrast to the NY Time article, back in the 1972 election campaign in Australia, our Labor Party had the  support of most musicians, actors and entertainers.
So-much-so that a Television commercial, "It's Time", sung by the popular singer, Alison McCallum, featured a "Who's Who" of Australian entertainment and sport stars, including: Bobby Limb, Chuck Faulkner, Col Joye, Little Pattie, Judy Stone, Jack Thompson, Jackie Weaver, Graham Kennedy, Jimmy Hannan, Bert Newton and many others.
This 1972 election was the first ALP victory since 1946 and its success is generally attributed to both the "It's Time" campaign, and Whitlam's skills as an orator.
[The above information from Wikipedia, although I was there to witness it all.]
Here is a link to the commercial.
   http://aso.gov.au/titles/ads/alp-its-time/clip1/
It is a pity that your political parties, on both sides, didn't think to employ your country's great musical talent instead of ripping it off.
Very kind regards,
Bill