[Dixielandjazz] Great day in Harlem photo

Anton Crouch anton.crouch at optusnet.com.au
Mon Dec 24 16:00:22 PST 2012

Hello all

On 24 Dec 2012, at 15:53, Butch Thompson <butte1 at mac.com> wrote:
> The discussion about Marian McPartland makes me think of her presence in Art Kane's 1958 photo for Esquire Magazine.  Everyone should take a look at this photo once in a while

I agree with Butch - this is a photo that has intrigued me for some
time. For some "light reading" over the holiday period people might care
to have a look at:

Download .pdf - BEES - The University of New South Wales
<http://old.bees.unsw.edu.au/school/staff/crouch/Jazzpast.pdf>
old.bees.unsw.edu.au/school/staff/crouch/Jazzpast.pdf
File Format: PDF/Adobe Acrobat - Quick View
<https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:u2YjxinYLIMJ:old.bees.unsw.edu.au/school/staff/crouch/Jazzpast.pdf+&hl=en&gl=au&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESiwcnfbE96Ivwp0-iJDw2TFw7EAbTLCQ6rCKO9WRhGbHf2SVJ37G0jy2ga785VgJ-beyMhSEj-PMs7OLTVwkiYfFpKfRaWOrAm8CBW00UpX5Xgy1UlD0alamLQpl4REnvTOchte&sig=AHIEtbTy4Ky4BXgpfermbod6jsQMo-PVjQ>

All the best,
Anton