[Dixielandjazz] Marian McPartland

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Dec 23 14:34:05 PST 2012

Dear Bill,
When did they marry?
There are recordings from 1946.
In his British jazz book Chilton covers musicians who played outside
Britain most of their lives.  Marian McPartland recorded with Jimmy
McPartland in England, so she qualifies.  Since she spent most of her
life in the US, I expected to find her in the US book - she was born
before 1920, and has certainly been moe important than many of the
musicians covered.  Moreover, some musicians covered by "Who Is Who in
British Jazz" hardly played jazz, but rather were dance band
musicians.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year (rhymes with beer, so I'm going to
pur myself one).
Cheers