[Dixielandjazz] R.I.P. Hal Schaefer

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Thu Dec 13 19:37:44 PST 2012

Marek wrote:
Strange that the late Hal Shaefer was a "MODERN jazz" compser!
I have a CD of his playing, and he does not sound a modernist.
May he rest in peace.

Marek, a lot of us pro musicians can play different styles, whatever the gig calls for. I play most styles except for Rock and Classical. A lot of Jazz players also play classical.
When you are working 6 & 7 nights a week, scrambling for every gig, supporting a wife, 3-kids and two girlfriends as I did for years, you play most any style.
--Bob Ringwald