[Dixielandjazz] Talkers vs. listeners---Steve Gilmore relates his own experience in Italy

Norman Vickers nvickers1 at cox.net
Wed Aug 29 03:16:09 PDT 2012

To:  Musicians and Jazzfans list; DJML
From: Norman Vickers, Jazz Society of Pensacola,www.jazzpensacola.com

Steve Gilmore is longtime bassist (30+ years) with  saxophonist Phil Woods
group. He sends his own anecdote about encounter with disruptive talkers.

We are grateful that he is now living in nearby Panama City ( 100 miles east
of Pensacola); consequently, when he's not traveling, we get to hear him
from time to time.

Thanks, Steve.  Keep those e-mails coming!

-----Original