[Dixielandjazz] Lyrics & Jazz

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Sat Aug 25 10:49:44 PDT 2012

Steve Barbone wrote:

For the soft, lyrical, side of John Coltrane and melodic Jazz, one only has to listen to the phenomenal collaboration between Trane and Johnny Hartman. Below is about a half hour of easy listening to his genius and the music of Richard Rodgers & Lorenz Hart, Billy Strayhorn et al.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbx5wqdo5ns

Very nice. Usually I don’t like Coltrane. But I never heard him play like he does on this video.

-Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Amateur (ham) Radio Operator K6YBV
916/ 806-9551

The crime of taxation is not in the taking of it. It's in the way it's spent.
--Will Rogers March 20, 1932