[Dixielandjazz] Lead Sheet Request

Augustine Daniel ds.augustine at utexas.edu
Sat Aug 18 21:15:48 PDT 2012

    You can see and print the leadsheet at this website, which has lots of good tunes you can download for free:

http://cjam.lassecollin.se/songs2/whydontyougotono.html

    Dan
From: "Graham Martin" <grahmartin at bigpond.com>
Date: August 18, 2012 9:47:13 PM CDT
To: Dan Augustine <ds.augustine at utexas.edu>
Cc: dixielandjazz at ml.islandnet.com
Subject: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Lead Sheet Request

Hi Mike,

Here are two versions of the chords, courtesy of "Bertie Butler":

WHY DONT YOU GO DOWN TO NEW ORLEANS

       / Eb    / Eb    / Eb    / Eb    // Bb7   / Bb7   / Eb    /Bb7 Bb+//
        / Eb    / Eb    / Eb    / Eb    // Bb7   / Bb7   / Eb  Ab/ Eb Eb7//
        / Ab    / Abm   / Eb    / Eb7   // Ab    / Abm   / F7    /Bb7 Bb+//
        / Eb    / Eb    / Eb    / Eb    // Bb7   / Bb7   / Eb    / Eb    //

Eb	Eb	Eb	Eb	Bb7	Bb7	Eb	Bb7+
Eb	Eb	Eb	Eb	Bb7	Bb7	Eb	Eb7
Ab	Abm	Eb	Eb7	Ab	Abm	Bb7	Bb7
Eb	Eb	Eb	Eb	Bb7	Bb7	Eb	Eb

Unfortunately I do not have the melody line because tune number 359 of my
Firehouse Jazz Band book is missing. I suspect it might be missing from most
illegal (?) copies because the page numbers are sequential.

Best,

Grah

Graham Martin
REDLAND BAY