[Dixielandjazz] Attention Members: DJML will have an outage in two days

Haupt Dave srdaven at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 17:53:51 PDT 2012

I just received an email from our gracious host, IslandNet.com, that their entire web services will be out of commission from midnight to 6am on the 16th.  They did not specify time zone, but since their home base is British Columbia, I suspect it's Pacific Daylight Time.  They also caution that, since this is due to Bell Canada having to relocate a large quantity of fiber optic cables, the outage could be notably longer.  The cable relocation is evidently due to a bridge project, so it's a matter of a government project and a major telecom organization trying to stay in synch - difficult in the best of times.

So, if you don't see any traffic from DJML this coming Thursday or perhaps a bit longer, be patient.

For your viewing pleasure in the meanwhile, here's a nice web site showing the specific bridge replacement project that will impact DJML:

http://www.johnsonstreetbridge.com/

Kindly,

Dave Haupt
Asst DJML Moderator