[Dixielandjazz] VALE CHARLIE POWELL

Mick Potter pottermick at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 03:42:46 PDT 2012

I am sad to report the death of Charlie Powell, trombone player and good
friend. Charlie was well known in both Britain and Australia where he has
lived for many years and where he died of Leukemia today. Charlie was an
important figure in the New Orleans Jazz scene in Australia.

This is an E Mail that I received from Ashley Keating leader of the
Louisiana Shakers today.

It is with great sorrow that we have to inform you of the sad passing of
our trombonist and rollicking vocalist, Charlie Powell. Charlie passed away
on the morning of Monday, August 6.

There will be no funeral service.

The family is planning a Wake at The Clyde Hotel, Elgin St, Carlton on
Sunday afternoon, August 19. We hope you can attend so that we can all pay
proper tribute to our old mate. Charlie left written wishes that he would
like such an event to take place.

Ash and The Louisiana Shakers

R.I.P Charlie. we will miss you very much.

--
Mick Potter
255 Poath Rd