[Dixielandjazz] Young Thomas Wiggins update from BATH UK

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Wed Aug 1 13:47:10 PDT 2012

Just got a note from Thomas' mum.

Today the Newspaper is coming out to see and hear him and interview him.

HI Tom, Just thought I 'll let you know how first day of Thomas's fundraising went. He played for nearly 2 hours - that is with hot chocolate break, ice cream break and McDonalds just worked out with currency converter he raised  $ 456. People were great. He got so much attention, even bank workers came out to put something in his basket. I called " Help for Heroes " office and told them how much he raised in two hours. About half an hour later I got a call back from another person in their office that they want to run a story for their magazine. This magazine lands on so many important desks. I hope it brings something new for Tom when it happens.

Wow an 8 year old kid goes out and practices playing his OKOM songs on the sidewalk and raises money for a popular charity, who now want to do a story on him for their magazine,  Real Human interest here and great promotion and publicity for a young player not afraid or too hip, cool and or jaded to go play where people are.

Amazingly he could collect the same amount of money for himself, per hour and often does where ever he sets up to play.   This kid is going to be a big Trombone star one day, hope he retains his taste for Hot Chocolate and Ice Cream rather than taking all his earnings and spending it on Beer :))  ha ha   and I will be able to say I told you SO.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins    (The Old One )