[Dixielandjazz] blinders

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sat Apr 28 02:48:39 PDT 2012

I feel very fortunate to have been able to work for 30 odd years as a
session musician in recording studios in Spain (experiencing all types of
music), recording tv extravaganzas, working theater jobs (would you believe
Jesu Cristo (e)Superstar?), and backing endless styles of singers on tour,
plus having been able to play my own music with my own band for the last 45
years.

Adding to that is another career as a sound engineer in my own studio where
I have been exposed to literally all types of music.  My only criteria is:
is it well performed with the total sincerity of the performer?

Styles, likes & dislikes, don't come into it at all.  If it is done well, it
is good music, in my opinion.  I refuse to wear blinders when it comes to
music.  Dulls my senses.

Down with cubby holes!

Jim