[Dixielandjazz] Tony Scott's Sophisticated Ladies

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Thu Apr 26 09:17:45 PDT 2012

On Apr 25, 2012, at 10:37 PM, Bill Haesler wrote:

> Stephen G Barbone wrote:
>> ...circa 1970s shows the shaven headed Tony Scott you describe. He
>> is on baritone sax with Ellington's Sophisticated Lady.
>
> Dear Steve,
> Is the one in the front row, in the white outfit, Ellington's
> sophisticated lady?
> The debil made me do it.
> *>)
> Kind regards,
> Bill.

Dear Bill:

There are two, up front,  in white outfits. Perhaps both are his
sophisticated ladies. I think one may be his third wife, Cinzia. In
any event, they are paying rapt attention. Reed players always affect
women this way. Washboarders? Not so much. <Grin>

The early 1970s were the years that Scott was performing a lot with
Italian jazz pianist Romano Mussolini. Perhaps Scott shaved his head
to resemble Romano's dad, Benito.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband