[Dixielandjazz] FW: Tony Scott

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Thu Apr 26 01:11:54 PDT 2012

Robert wrote:
>Scott played the LOUDEST repeat LOUDEST of any clarinetist he had ever
encountered.
As I mentioned, I can certainly vouch for that!  However, in contrast to
that lowdness was a quietness (pppppp)not often heard on clarinet.

>The reference to his teeth among the postings which let me find Scott and
Pizarelli was well received.
He had a really bad time of it when he asked if I knew a good dentist. The
pain was from the pressure he was using.

I'd like to stress once again the "presence" of this man.  Granted, presence
wouldn't have meant a thing if he couldn't back that up with good playing,
but the two things together equalled a talked about personna.  Just showing
up to a gig in the clothes you've been wearing all day is just not enough to
pull that off.

Jim