[Dixielandjazz] viva la difference ( re Mildred Bailey-Spokesman Review)

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Wed Apr 25 10:16:19 PDT 2012

One year, in Bude, after hearing am old and tried (and very polished)
band, followed by the raw and ready Dave Donohoe Jazz Band, a lady
remrked how much more exciting the latter was.  At the time, I
preferred the other, more polished one, which had been together almost
since the beginning of time.  But I also recorded all the prceedings.
Now, after quite a few years over which I have been listening to both,
I tend to agree with that unknown (and very pretty) lady.
Cheers