[Dixielandjazz] FW: Tony Scott

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Wed Apr 25 08:19:39 PDT 2012

Steve wrote:
>As I recall, Tony Scott sat in with Kash's band in Spain many years ago.

It was more than that!  I worked nitely with him (7 nites a week) for at
least a month, must have been around 1970.  He played anything called up.
He was the strongest clarinet I have ever heard.

He lived at my house for about a week while trying to get a place to stay.
Took him to my dentist, as his teeth hurt him.  No wonder, the volume he
used on that horn!  Dentist said it was from his heavy bite.

He had his head shaved completely, clean shaven, & dressed completely in
black, turtle neck shirt, long sleeves, black slacks...including a floor
length black leather coat.

Was nothing more than completely weird!  I gather he was going for an image.
Something that can be seen in his opposite attire & clothing in this video.
Showmanship (in his presence) along with talent.

I've had no contact with him since.

Jim