[Dixielandjazz] Tony Scott

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 25 07:39:02 PDT 2012

Here's Tony Scott with Bucky Pizzarelli  and a gorgeous blues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjLOEw7bZNc&feature=related

Scott started out playing Dixieland in NYC in the 1940s. Then, like
Miles Davis, re-invented his music many times during his life. As I
recall, Tony Scott sat in with Kash's band in Spain many years ago.

He moved to Rome in the 1970s and was idolized by Italian jazz Fans.
His web site WAS one of the most interesting (for me anyway)
compilations of jazz mastery around. However, I guess it has been
taken down and that's a pity.

The man gigged with just about everyone in jazz from 1940 till his
death in 2007, travelled round the world exploring musical forms and
ignoring critics, all the while doing it HIS way. It just doesn't get
any better than that.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband