[Dixielandjazz] Haarlem Dixieland Band

Gerard Bielderman gerard.bielderman at telfort.nl
Fri Apr 20 03:03:17 PDT 2012

>A friend of mine has an LP under that title, issued on British Regal SREG
>2039.
> Titles are:
> Wastin' (St James Infirmary)
> Near the Blues
> In This Old Street (Closer Walk)
> Comin' Threough theCords
> Nobody's Girl
> When I Grow Too Old to Dream
> Just Look (Oh Susannah)
> Big Delight (Turkish March)
> Sunday
> Up and Rising (Frere Jacques; cannot remember the English title right now)
> Fishin' for Marlin
> Deep Red Is the Colour of My Love
> Swing Ding

Nobody's Girl is a South African song called "Hier's ek weer" which means
Here I am again.
Big delight was made famous by Kenny Ball as "Rondo" and it's a composition
by Mozart, not Chopin.
The other tracks (2,4,11) are original compositions by one of the Dutch
musicians. In fact there are theree different bands on this LP, one of them
the Down Town Jazz Band. The other two are formations specially formed for
the occasion: taping some Muzak tracks, and were never intended to be issued
on a commercial LP!

Gerard Bielderman