[Dixielandjazz] R.I.P Dick Clark

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Wed Apr 18 20:24:02 PDT 2012

Not OKOM for most on this list but Dick Clark had a much longer Run in show business than most of the folks we all admire in OKOM, and he did it HIS way too.   His death may actually mean that there will be no New Year's eve in 2013  but he did a hell of a lot in his lifetime as the world's oldest teenager to keep Rock & Roll music alive while many of our generation passed it all off as a passing trend that would fade out fast   Ha Ha !!!   Sounds like the same folks who said Jazz and OKOM was dead decades ago.      Ya gotta stay in the game if ya wanna play the game  and pay attention to where the market goes for what you play, and if you don't have the balls to go with it then perhaps ya need to get out of it.   Time waits for NO Man !!  and all the Big stars ain't ever gonna come back to your town and play the pizza joint again ande hire You as the opening band or back up band.   just sayin'   The entertainment Industry is not for the weak at heart and wannabees in life,  Only the Strong and Best will survive !

Cheers

Tom Wiggins