[Dixielandjazz] Not Frank Sinatra

ROBERT R. CALDER serapion at btinternet.com
Mon Apr 16 12:42:03 PDT 2012

The lady feeling extra-marital attraction for Mr. Sinatra reminded me ...

The late George Melly sometimes recalled (in performance patter between songs) walking through Birmingham (England) one day when he was a sort of pop-star with Trad bands, and being accosted by a lady and her lady friend  --
"Ooooooooo," said the lady, "it's George Melleee!  ----  OO,  I was only saying to my 'oosband the oother night, George Melleee -- he's one of the only two men I'd commit adooltery with, straight off ...

having got this far, in an impeccable Berminggum accent, George completed the lady's declaration:

" the oother one's   ........  " (an English 'entertainer' famous at the time in Britain)
Which rather muted any implication of George's sexual allure...

So as not to speak ill of the dead or multiply beyond necessity the number of non-OKOM names dropped in mailings, especially one with the oother one's record of charity work and giving,  I'll say no more than that he wasn't Frank Sinatra!!!!

ribaldly!

Robert R. Calder