[Dixielandjazz] Asylum Street Spankers

Glen Page gpage at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 13 17:28:18 PDT 2012

Hi All,
I cannot get upset by the lyrics but after listening to the first couple of
choruses I cannot see how this would appeal to an audience comprised of
"real" jazz. lovers.The music had little to do with jazz as I know it It may
have some interest to a few but it may harm  in turning off casual attendees
who may well use the content to assert that jazz is whore house music
without any redeeming value.

 Of more interest to folks with an appreciation of the early days of the
music, without being bothered by any prurient connotations would be some of
the earlier songs such as  Lucille Bogan's "Shave 'em Dry", the unissued
take, would at least have historical relevance and was presented by a
valuable contributor to the genre..

TTFN, Glen