[Dixielandjazz] Brush with fame

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 8 02:59:35 PDT 2012

Dear friends,
Today, the Robbers Dogs Jazz Band, had a brief brush with fame at our years' long weekly Sunday afternoon pub job in The Rocks at Circular Quay (Sydney Australia).
Our singer Majella Turner was completing a song when she nearly fainted with excitement (literally) on spotting Tony Bennett leaving the small public bar.
Apparently, he had heard the music, dropped in unnoticed and had been there for about 5-10minutes.
Now Steve Barbone, how do we include THAT in our band's CV?
(Just kidding, old mate.)
Very kind regards.
Bill.