[Dixielandjazz] Plunger [and plumbers]

Rick Campbell ricksax at comcast.net
Wed Apr 4 12:25:27 PDT 2012

I remember this comparison to plumbers, not new, but perhaps useful
when marketing live music:

Music buyer: "Isn't that expensive for a six-piece band performance?"

Band leader: "We're trained professionals with our own instruments,
uniforms, arrangements, sound system and band van. Why don't you
compare by calling your local plumbing shop and ask for six plumbers
to show up with tools, power equipment, clothing, shop towels, and van
on a Saturday night for three hours. We'll play the gig for whatever
they quote."

Rick Campbell
Milneburg Social Aid and Pleasure Society Jazz Band
Portland, Oregon USA
503-701-7356
ricksax at comcast.net