[Dixielandjazz] Was Plunger

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Tue Apr 3 02:57:52 PDT 2012

Bill Haesler (who?) wrote [in part] in reply to Robert Calder and his reference to Cleo Gibson:
> For me that one goes back to my 78rpm disc daze when I was a teenager.

Dear Robert,
That Cleo Gibson record you mentioned was also, at one stage in my youth, thought to be an incognito Bessie Smith.
Which then made me think of a young(ish) Ethel Waters who paid a cheeky homage to two of Columbia's star blues artists,
Clara and Bessie Smith (unrelated), in October 1925 with her "Maybe Not At All".
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QoO8IBY6Z9Y
You debil Robert, you started it.
*>)
Very kind regards,