[Dixielandjazz] Plunger Mute Demonstration

Stephen G Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sun Apr 1 18:04:20 PDT 2012

On Apr 1, 2012, at 5:06 PM, Marek Boym wrote:

> Thanks, Steve.
> Lovely stuff.  But time consuming - I went on to more Clark Terry
> videos.  And the Wycliffe Gordon here must be the best I've heard so
> far - I was not too leen on his work on some CDs I have.

Dear Marek:

I am one of Wycliffe Gordon's biggest fans. When you get time, (20
minutes) check him out with Joe Alessi (principal TB with the NY
Philharmonic, and the Juilliard Trombone Choir at:  (DJML Trombonists
may also wish to check this out)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqpjf65FpV0    (part 1)

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TafjhFlg4M     (part 2)

or if that's enough jazzy classical for you, see him with Vince
Giordano, Bob Wilber, and friends on "Sweet Georgia Brown", including
his plunger mute out chorus at the 3 minute 48 second mark. I
guarantee you won't forget this one,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YStzKw24M9s

Lots more WG videos on You Tube. The man can flat out play.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone
www.myspace.com/barbonestreetjazzband