[Dixielandjazz] Plunger

Stan Brager sbrager at verizon.net
Sun Apr 1 10:44:01 PDT 2012

Most plunger users modify the plumber's plunger by cutting a hole in the
plunger where the handle screws into the plunger. But it's not for
trumpeters only - trombonists also use the plunger to great effect.
Furthermore, many trombonists place a small pixie mute inside the bell of
their horns with the plunger over it. One of the first, foremost and
expressive trombonists using a plunger was Duke Ellington's Joe "Tricky Sam"
Nanton.

Stan
Stan Brager