[Dixielandjazz] Plunger

Henry C. Mason hmncro at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 10:01:23 PDT 2012

I run a big band and as such the brass use plungers extensively.   One of
our "bits"  is that I hold up a plunger and tell the audience that "yes,
it is EXACTLY what you think it is.   You need to understand that in order
to function properly with a brass instrument , this device has to be used
for its original purpose for a minimum of two years (cries of ewwwwww from
the female audience) ...  I understand that our trumpet players put the
handles back on after every performance."

Henry