[Dixielandjazz] R I P Phil Stiers

david richoux domitype at gmail.com
Fri Sep 23 21:09:48 PDT 2011

I don't think anybody else has posted this yet, but I recently read on
Facebook that Phil Stiers, multi-saxaphonist and band leader passed on
Sept 13th.
He played in "And That's Jazz" with me for several years and he was
also very active in the Napa Valley Dixieland Jazz Society.
He lead the Gold Coast Jazz Band for many years (his wife Jan was
always on piano) - there are a few Youtubes of his band.if you search.

I have not seen any obits, but I am sure the NVDJS
http://www.jazzdance.org/NapaJazz  will have some information soon.

Dave Richoux