[Dixielandjazz] Deimse of a dear friend and supporter of traditional jazz

Stan McDonald stanmm at comcast.net
Fri Sep 23 03:48:18 PDT 2011

Milton Page passed away on Monday, September 19. His wife, Bea, cancelled their reservations to hear my Blue Horizon Jazz Band at the Sherborn Inn, Massachusetts, the following night, where we and they have been regulars for 15 years.

I rarely participate in this blog, but I have little doubt that most of us/you would agree with what I always remind our audiences,and humbly dedicate to my dear friends Milton and Bea, and those they will always represent:

We do not possess the music you so enjoy; it is your sharing of it that posesses us and enables us to create it.

We own and cherish it together. Thank you, Milton, for keeping our music alive.

Stan McDonald