[Dixielandjazz] : Really? The Claim: Musicians Have a Greater Risk of Hearing Loss

JBruno868 at aol.com JBruno868 at aol.com
Wed Sep 21 18:03:09 PDT 2011

In a message dated 9/21/2011 5:23:40 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
nvickers1 at cox.net writes:

If one  reads the 2 study abstracts, one finds that the samples are very
small and  use classical musicians. I suspect a study sample of Rock musos
and  drummers in jazz bands, or bands that listen to loud stage monitors
would  produce a very different conclusion

My cousin Jeff "Skunk" Baxter who played with the Doobie Brothers and
Steely Dan was one of the first "Rockers" who insisted that all the members of
the bands wore ear plugs even in rehearsals. He wrote often about this in
articles for "Rolling Stone Mag". I do think many professionals now do so.

Jazz Hugs

Judie