[Dixielandjazz] Wine tasting

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 12:35:01 PDT 2011

Hello Jim,
After all, we get notices of the Nappa Valley gigs on the list, so I
know there's some traditional jazz played there.
But here, it was not in a "wine country'' (although, taking into
account the size of Israel, It might be smaller than any "wine area"
in the USA).  The event took place on the farm of the father of the
winer; he himself came to Isreal from the US, and is a lawyer and a
notary; the Pelter winery  is located on the Golan Heights, where two
of three sons of Mr. Pelter live.  A fmily business, in which one
brother is the wine maker, while another brother is engaged in
marketing.  The Golan Heights are an apple country; and indeed, apples
were also served.
Cheers