[Dixielandjazz] Wine tasting

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 01:24:28 PDT 2011

Yesterday I broke my Saturday routine of over 50 years (with breaks
for military service, regular and reserve, wars and foreign travel)
and went to wine tasting instead of the beach.  Wines were excellent
(had I not known the winery, I would not have gone).
But why am I writing about it to the list?
When we (a friend and I) were approaching the premises, we heard
music, and my friend pricked her ears; indeed, it was the sound of
Swing de Gitanes.  At first, she thought it was a CD, but when we
entered we found out that two thirds of the group - Yaakov Hoter
(guitar) and Oren Sagy (bass) - were there, playing live.  Was I glad
I had given up the beach!  We stayed much longer that we would have
otherwise; we just listened to music, making occasional trips to get a
glass of wine.  It was SO hot!  At some stage, when both the musicians
and - perhaps more important - their instrumets became too hot, they
moved into a shadier place (a mango, not an old apple tree) and
carried on playing.  Just lovely!
Cheers