[Dixielandjazz] Evan Christopher This Week on Riverwalk Jazz

Donald Mopsick dmopsick at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 15:06:58 PDT 2011

Are you a fan of the New Orleans-based clarinetist Evan Christopher?
We've got him this week on Riverwalk Jazz. You may know that Evan has
been pursuing (by this time he many already have it, I haven't talked
to him in a few years) an advanced degree in Jazz Studies from Tulane
(I think that's the school he said).

Evan was a member of the Jim Cullum Jazz Band from 1996-99, between
Brian Ogilvie and Ron Hockett. This week's show was recorded much
later than that, we got Evan to come over from New Orleans as a
special guest. The subject is New Orleans clarinet and its
exponents.Evan is quite knowledgeable on this subject. Most all of you
on this list would be interested, so don't miss it.

You know the drill. Go to http://riverwalkjazz.org. Stream. Enjoy. Life is good.

PS: Evan's got one of the fattest sounds I've ever heard on the alto
too. I'd pay good money to seem him play that thing.

mopo

--
http://about.me/donmopsick