[Dixielandjazz] Armstrong & Jazz

Dixiejazzdata dixiejazzdata at aol.com
Wed Sep 7 21:55:51 PDT 2011

 Polite snip from Steve Barbone's post:

Some will claim that Hello Dolly, Blueberry Hill, Give Me a Kiss to
Build a Dream On etc., are not real jazz but simply a sort of jazzy
version of Pop. They claim there is a difference. They then go on to
say that with the All Stars from 1947 on, he simply repeated what he
had been playing in the past. And to those folks, that's not jazz
either.

Yes and those same people  "THEY"  would  also say that changing partners in a
Cat house would not be real as it would take away the true meaning of masturbation,
which almost all of "THEY " have been doing musically for their entire lives, repeating
 what "they" have been playing with for years and will do so well into the future.

Their favorite song is no doubt "One Note Samba"  :))

Some folks are definitely Musically challenged.   And no doubt married the first and
probably only Cat they ever got naked with. :))     And that danged sure ain't Jazz :))

Some folks could not even spell Jazz with a Dictionary open to it in front of them :))

Jazz Is "Burger King"  Have it Your Way !!!   Somebody should approach Burger King to Sponsor Jazz events,
heck they might book everybody on a Jazz Festival , but wait !!  that would not be Real Jazz so it could not possibly work.

Cheers,

Bart