[Dixielandjazz] Tommy Pederson.

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Wed Sep 7 18:33:07 PDT 2011

Dear DJMLers (especially my mate Don Ingle),
During the 1940s how many of you, like me, literally fell on the floor in stitches whenever "Spike Jones' Laughing Record" was played?
Recorded for Victor on 28 September 1946, it featured the magnificent trombonist, Tommy Pederson and pianist Frank Leithner, aided and abetted by laughers George Rock, Red Ingle, Dick Morgan and others.
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdUdhYvXrLw

As a surprise (to me), here is a video (lurking on YouTube) of the great duo, Pederson and Leithner, reprising the piece for a TV show, date unknown:
   http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=GFbSHWBjuuQ
Very kind regards,
Bill.