[Dixielandjazz] The Three Sugars

Eric Holroyd eholroyd at optusnet.com.au
Fri Sep 2 16:00:07 PDT 2011

Here are the lyrics for these three songs.

Only the chorus, unfortunately, although I do have the verse lyrics for the
Red Nichols one if anyone wants them.

Just in case anyone whinges about the case used, I had them all in Upper
Case, and used MS Word's Change Case function to change them to Title Case.

Sugar (Pinkard)

Sugar I Call My Baby My Sugar
I Never Maybe My Sugar
That's Why My Baby Is So Confectionery
Funny I Never Plea For My Money
'Cause When I Give Her My Honey
She Fills My Need Every Time
I'd Make A Million Trips To Her Lips If I Were A Bee
'Cause She Is Sweeter Than Chocolate Candy To Me (She's Granulated)
Sugar I'd Never Cheat On My Sugar
'Cause I'm Too Sweet On My Sugar
That Old Sugar Baby Of Mine

Sugar (Nichols)

Don't You Know Who She Is Looking Right At Me Is
Sugar My Sugar
Talk About Your Kissing That's What I've Been Missing
Sugar My Sugar
The Flowers Kiss Her Feet Here's How The Birdies Greet
My Sweetie 'Tweet Tweet Tweet' Which Means 'Ain't She Sweet'
Bees Would Not Be Buzzin' Round Her If She Wasn't
Sugar My Sugar
I Declare That Honey Hasn't Got A Thing On Her. No Sir
I Should Like To Mention
Bring To Your Attention
She's So Refined
In Conclusion Therefore That Is Why I Care For Sugar

Sugar (Meyer-Young)

Sugar That’s What I’ll Name You
Sugar I’ll Come And Save You
Sugar Don’t Change Your Mind
You’re Not That Kind
You’re Too Refined
Sugar I Can’t Wait To Love
Sugar Don’t Keep Me Blue Long
Sugar Drop In My Oolong
And Sweeten The Day For Me

IF YOU RESPOND TO THIS ON THE LIST PLEASE DONT’ INCLUDE ALL OF IT IN YOUR
EMAIL AS IT WILL ONLY RESULT IN THOUSANDS OF >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AND BE
CONTRARY TO BOB RINGWALD’S CONSTANT REQUEST TO USE PROPER NETIQUETTE!

Eric Holroyd
Sydney, Australia