[Dixielandjazz] Isham Jones and "Spain"

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Thu Oct 27 17:45:03 PDT 2011

Recently I posted that I, along with the Fulton Street Jazz Band recorded "Spain" back in the 70s.  I got the following info from Bob Newman who was also on the recording.

Also augmenting the band was Ernie Carson trumpet and Rex Allen trombone.  And as Eddie Condon would say, Jack Daniels on Jug.

> IT'S ON "DIGGIN' GOLD" -- RECORDED IN SEPTEMBER 1978 IN SAN
> FRANCISCO AT 2 O'CLOCK IN THE AFTERNOON WITH SPIKE JONES' DAUGHTER LESLIE Jones
> ENGINEERING AND REX ALLEN,  ERNIE CARSON,  AND  JACK DANIELS AUGMENTING OUR
> BRASS, REED, AND RHYTHM SECTIONS  PLEASANTLY.
>
> Bob Newman

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"All the problems we face in the United States today can be traced to an unenlightened
immigration policy on the part of the American Indian."  Pat Paulsen