[Dixielandjazz] All The Girls Go Crazy About The Way I Walk

Dick Baker djml at dickbaker.org
Wed Oct 26 08:12:37 PDT 2011

"All the Girls..." was used as a theme song by the late, great
Federal Jazz Commission.  One night in 2002 I heard bandleader Marty
Frankel cite a composer for it--I'd never been sure about that
particular fact.  I emailed him asking for details:

"I named the composer of 'All the Girls Go Crazy' (actually it's 'All
the Whores Like the Way I Ride') as 'Big Eye' Louis Nelson Delisle, a
New Orleans clarinetist.  The information came from American Music
Records, 10 inch LP No. 644, titled 'Bunk: 1945-46.'  The album notes
state:  'All the Whores' was composed by Bunk's friend Big Eye Louis,
who was one of the first to take a band into the Storyville red light
district.  In later years, Big Eye refused requests to play this tune
because everyone had forgotten how the third strain went.'"

--
      Dick Baker
  djml at dickbaker.org