[Dixielandjazz] Where are the young people?

Larry Walton Entertainment larrys.bands at charter.net
Mon Oct 24 07:54:45 PDT 2011

Yes there are performers at various organized functions like the race or festival but not on some garden variety day of the week or weekend.  Unfortunately there's no money in it.  Bob Lord and his group performs at the Valley of Flowers event and others but they don't make anything.

For whatever reason I can't imagine Steve Lilly driving in from where he lives and then perform free, but to each his own.  Steve lives somewhere on the other side of Troy and has to drive 50 or more miles one way.
Larry