[Dixielandjazz] Young People on the Iberian Pennisula

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Oct 24 01:29:05 PDT 2011

Ivor wrote from Portugal:
>Many times we have young guys approaching us after the gig asking us what
kind on music we play. It's new to them.  I think that you will find that
Kash would have shared the same experience in Madrid.

What I do hear a lot is, "I don't understand it, but I enjoyed it".  I
always answer, "your job is to enjoy it.  It's our job to understand it"!
What is nice is that due to a lack of knowledge, there are no pigeon-holes
or "you shouldn't do that 'cause so & so didn't play it that way in 1926"
comments.  If they are enjoying it, they are enjoying it with open
ears...and eyes.

Jim