[Dixielandjazz] FW: Listen to this!

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Mon Oct 24 01:16:08 PDT 2011

Bob Romans put up two links on djml saying one would put him to sleep and
that the other was hot.  I think, Bob, that you may have mixed up the links,
as I gather you refer to the Miles Davis recording that would put you to
sleep, knowing your tastes, whereas the one following your "sleep remark"
was the Dans les Rues D'Antibes band.  I suppose that you meant for it to be
the other way around.

Nevertheless, it seems to me that by comparing two so unlike styles, you
have lost your argument.  One can not be better than the other as they are
two different things.  I would liken it with my enjoying a cup of coffee in
an American diner as much as I enjoy a good expresso in Madrid.  I can enjoy
both because I don't try to compare the two cups of coffee.  They're both
coffee, but so unalike that they shouldn't be compared.  Each can be enjoyed
through its own merits.

Jim