[Dixielandjazz] Posted in a Facebook Group

Don Ingle cornet at 1010internet.com
Sat Oct 22 11:26:27 PDT 2011

On 10/22/2011 8:46 AM, Hal Vickery wrote:
> I'm part of a group on Facebook called Hot Jazz Records 1917-1931.  One of the members posted this article from The Billboard dated June 11, 1927.  I just find this kind of thing interesting and thought maybe some here would, too.
> Goldkette Band At Castle Farm

Don Ingle repied:
Indeed, it interesting to read this. Of course I knew about the date
since the Red Ingle mentioned was my dad. A pisture, taken by my mother
of Bix and Red in front of the bandstand where they had been playing
catch baseball in the afternoon has made the rounds from our copy used
by Phil Evens in his book - and "stolen" by everyoneelse since.
Bill Rank rode down from Detroit in dad's car - there's a story there,
too for another time. I talked with Bill at a later time in the 70's and
he said that the site of Caste Farms was now an apartment complex and
that he managed it at the time we talked.
I am a lucky fellowas I got to meet, in my time, Morehouse, Rank, Itsy
Riskin, Speigle Willcox, Doc Riker, "Fuzzy" Farrar, and a few others of
the Goldkette band and of his other groups.
Nice to have that clip, Hal. Thanks for posting it.
Don Ingle