[Dixielandjazz] How many grooves? (was: LP Recording - Here'sone to ponder)

domitype domitype at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 18:06:35 PDT 2011

There are many albums with "locked grooves" - there are several in the KFJC library with 500 and 1000 separate grooves on each side. They are not OKOM !

I have one 10" record that has the groove starting in the center and ending at the edge of the record.

( more on this sort of stuff at http://wikipedia.org/wiki/Unusual_types_of_gramophone_records )

David Richoux