[Dixielandjazz] "King of Cool: The Best of the Dean Martin Variety Show"

Robert Ringwald rsr at ringwald.com
Thu Oct 20 14:44:19 PDT 2011

>From the "TV Shows on DVD" site:
The Dean Martin Show -- 6-DVD Set for 'The King of Cool, Collector's Edition'
Available to own starting November 8th
This past June, Time-Life released "The Best of the Dean Martin Show -- Collector's
Edition," a 6-DVD set. Now we've learned that Time-Life will be following up on November
8th -- just three weeks away! -- with another 6-disc release titled "The Dean Martin
Show -- The King of Cool, Collector's Edition" Priced at $59.95 SRP, you can pre-order
it now from Amazon.com. Like the previous releases of this show, we expect these
episodes to contain as much material and music as Time-Life is able to get clearances
for, from a rights and legal standpoint. In-depth details haven't been provided so
far about the contents, however, but stay tuned and we'll pass them along if we're
able to....
(Quoting Time-Life publicity:)
Our 6-DVD Collector's Edition captures all the glory, the glamour and the glitz of
Dean Martin and the greatest era in show business. For the first time at retail,
Time-Life's newest DVD release gives us even more Dino -- "The King of Cool: The
Best of the Dean Martin Variety Show, Collector's Edition" contains an irresistible
blend of classic entertainment showcasing only the best moments from Dean's hit TV
show.
Dean and his incredible celebrity guests fascinated us music and outrageous comedy
skits. Following on the heels of the multi-platinum retail success, "The King of
Cool: The Best of the Dean Martin Variety Show, Collector's Edition" showcases the
comedy of Red Buttons, Mickey Rooney, Sid Caesar, Jackie Mason, Bill Cosby, Carroll
O'Connor, Bob Newhart. Rounding out this all-star cast are musical delights by Ella
Fitzgerald, Eddie Fisher, Louis Armstrong, Johnny Mathis, Liberace, Herb Albert and
The Supremes. Our 6-DVD set includes 18 episodes with 128 musical songs and countless
comedy sketches.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Dean-Martin-The-King-of-Cool/16109

--Bob Ringwald
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
530/ 642-9551 Office
916/ 806-9551 Cell
Amateur (Ham) Radio K6YBV

"All the problems we face in the United States today can be traced to an unenlightened
immigration policy on the part of the American Indian."  Pat Paulsen